Sometimes it's hard being a mom to young kids. My kids recently had lice and let me tell you, the process of getting rid of them is horrible (or at least it was for us). So sometimes I need a reminder of why having young kids is awesome.
1. They will pretty much do anything if you randomly make it a race. For example, who can get dressed the fastest. Though I discovered, this can't be a daily race or they won't do it;)
2. They love giving hugs and kisses. Sadly, the older they are, they less likely they seem to want to do this so I take every opportunity I can now.
3. They think you are beautiful and will tell you so.
4. They become really excited when you give them anything even if it only cost a $1. Again, something that tends to go away as they age.
5. Watching them do something "scary" for the first time is so rewarding. My five-year-old recently jumped off a diving board and then a high dive. It was amazing to watch him overcome his fear because he really wanted to do it.
6. The awesome giggles I hear when I tickle my kids.
7. The way they love anything I make for them if I somehow connect it to a superhero or Minnie Mouse. For example, I am not artistic at all but if I draw a little picture and add Minnie on it, my daughter treasures it.
8. Having a family movie night and all the kids wanting to snuggle while watching.
9. Seeing them learn new things. My oldest now frequently reads to the family when we read Bible stories. It is so amazing that she can take the lead in that now.
10. They want us around to watch them do activities and our praise for the activity is rewarded with a big smile.
These are just some of the things I love about having kids. What are some of yours?
Stefanie F. Pisarkiewicz, LPC
Experience and information from a counselor and mother- sharing her two cents on children and teens.